Artful Tea

Lately I have been following a local artist, Karen Lorena Parker. She creates not only beautiful works of art but also thought-provoking works. So what makes a great work of art? What makes an artist?

Although I can appreciate many works of art, I like art that pleases me and that I want to live with on a daily basis. After all I have been through I believe it is ok to give myself some kindness.

I believe a true artist is one who has no choice. They are driven to create and if they skip a day then they feel there is something missing from their psyche. I dabble in art. I can create or not create. The quality of my art is not as important to me as the actual process. I hope that professional artists are more concerned than I am about the end result.

Is great art beautiful? Personally I like looking at beautiful things. Sometimes I am in the mood for sarcasm. Often the combination can be more impactful. I wouldn't consider Picasso's Guernica nor some of Bosch's paintings beautiful but they do make a statement and they are great art. Could I live with them? No. I am at a stage in life where I wish to be surrounded by beautiful objects or things that have meaning for me.

Art does not need to be hyper realistic. I can appreciate the abstract, the surreal, cubism, and many other art styles and forms. I find myself looking a some art trying to connect it to something real in my world. Is it more fun to use your imagination and see something meaningful in a work of art, or should we accept the art at face value and not study it and induce some thoughts or ideas? Do critics dissect art to the point that it no longer is enjoyable? My literature teachers used to do that and I am sure now that I did derive some benefit from learning that someone's "salad days" meant their youth. At the time, I thought it was a bit OTT. Oh the joys of uneducated youth!

So here is another feeble attempt at art from yours truly. I really enjoyed making it and in fact I will make another attempt because it was so much fun the first time.

Comments

  1. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Herpatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment