Warm Tea

All my life my body temperature has run cold. I was the person who wore layers of clothing, scarves, and in general bundled up to keep warm. My bed would be piled high with blankets. I wore heavy PJ's that stuck to the flannelette sheets so that I could barely roll over without getting trapped. Afternoon naps even during hot summer days involved having a throw tossed over me.

I have been on Tamoxifen since November 19, 2019. Roughly 7 months. I am toasty. Well, yes it is the start of summer, and days are getting warmer and the weather is much more enjoyable. But I am warm. The only other time in my life I was warm was when I was pregnant. It was such a treat to not have cold hands and feet.

My conclusion is that hormones play a huge part in a person's internal body temperature. I find it is still important to keep my neck warm. Drafts can be quite chilling but my arms and legs can hang out in tee shirts and capri pants without any issues. As long as my chest and neck are warm, I am a happy camper.

What else is new this week? Well another art challenge is coming my way and I have 2 weeks to work on it. The premise is to produce something to honour the artist Monet. My plan is to sketch a picture for design purposes and then do an acrylic painting onto a canvas. Unfortunately the plan in my head doesn't always match the finished product. Will I have fun? You bet I will. Will the end product be aesthetically pleasing? Possibly. Do I care? Maybe. Am I going to be hard on myself if the work of art is not perfection? Absolutely not!

Art is about enjoyment, practise, exploration, and it is not about being a perfectionist, being up tight, worrying about whether it is liked or valued. My art. My opinion is the only one that matters. We need to be more daring and do things because we like to do them. Not to impress anyone.

Go out there and be brave. Stay safe. Wash your hands and wear a mask.

Comments