Scary Spice Tea

Oh no! I decided to get my hair done for my trip. Nothing unusual. I have had this done before. It is a disaster!

What I wanted was some texture added to the top of my head. I wanted to dye the top the same colour as my natural hair colour to add texture. Yes I have had this done in the past.

Then I wanted some raspberry coloured streaks added to the right side only with my natural hair in between the streaks.

WHAT WENT WRONG???

I now have dark hair with black low lights and dark high lights. This should be my natural hair colour. I have never had hair darker than dark blonde, light brown. I don't know who this scary person is looking back at me in the mirror. I do not believe the new hair colour has anything to do with the hormone blocker pill that I take once a day. My belief is it is a problem at the salon which has offered to lighten the errant strands to a more natural colour. Whew!

In the meantime I am washing my hair twice a day in the hopes of lightening it sufficiently so that I do not have to go back to the salon for a second treatment.

Wish me luck. I have already warned my friends to hug the stranger at the airport even if she doesn't look like me. I wonder what trouble I can get up to whilst I am in disguise?

I went back and had the colour fixed. My stylist said she noticed that the texture of my hair had changed. Likely this is related to the hormone blockers that I take. This is why the colour was absorbed differently. In any case I am almost back to my normal colour except for the bright raspberry bit on the right side indicating my struggle with breast cancer.

My little friend who will be two in November told her mommy that she had tea with Wendy who has purple hair. I am blessed with my friends!

Comments