Trippy Tea

Seven months ago when I was young and healthy, I sat at my laptop and booked a seat sale on an airline to a city when I once lived. As I was booking my ticket, the question was asked about trip cancellation insurance and medical insurance. Well, I was young and healthy. Who needed those things? As I clicked No and confirmed my choice, I had a shiver run up my spine. Within a month I had a cancer diagnosis and within two months I turned 70 and got old!

Today I am very much on the mend. My trip is in 10 days time and I am getting very excited. All my friends want to see me, hug me, and be reassured that my sense of humour was not exorcised along with my tumour. I too need to see my friends. I need to be surrounded by love and comfort. I need to be coddled and cared for, and reassured that my life has not changed although my body has.

Today, I am making lists and checking them twice. Post-it Notes are my friend! I am constantly checking the weather. I will need day time cool clothing and evening warm clothing. Dog walking boots, maybe. Books to read. Shopping stamina. (no PST). Extra room in my suitcase. Oh the joys of travel.

It is a dreary day today so it is an excellent day to sort through my wardrobe, try clothes on ( new body), and sort through my collection of scarves that can be used as disguises in a pinch.

Life is good!

Comments