Joyful Tea

I have been off Letrozole for ten days now. My personality has changed. It is like night and day. I have done a 180 degree swing. I am back to my old self. Almost!

Now those who know me might ask, Is that a good thing? But yes it is. Love me or leave me, I am who I am. I do not make any excuses nor do I apologize for who I am. Besides, it is way too late to change who I am.

Every day I try to be a better me. My goal is to be kind, thoughtful, caring. I want to be patient, listen, and not talk so much. But gosh, I am so interesting!  See what I mean? I want to be me.

I am no longer in a deep depression. I am able to find humour around me. I can laugh again. I can form complete sentences. I no longer burst into tears when someone shows compassion. Never be afraid to let others know you are struggling. Most people want you to not only survive but to thrive.

I have been in this community for 4 years and I have made wonderful friends. I run into friends wherever I go so I never feel isolated or alone. If I don't see any friends, I speak to others who are on their own, and looking for someone to greet them on the street. By making someone smile, I am being selfish, because I am pleased too. It is a wonderful thing!

I sit here watching the leaves turn colour, the wind blow them around, waiting for the black squirrel to hang upside down, stuffing maple tree seeds into his cheek pouches. It is a sight to behold.

Enjoy the little things in life, and the big struggles lose their importance.

Comments