Coffee, Tea, or Me

I have spent so much of this year wallowing inside my head that in order to Let It Go, I need to put it down on paper.

The airlines always says In case of emergencies put the oxygen mask on your face before you assist others. That is what I have done this year. I refuse to tiptoe around others. I refuse to change who I am to meet someone else's expectations.  I refuse to apologize for how I live my life.

Step 1.  I am the most important person I know. Every day my goal is to look after myself. I need to focus on my health. Eat healthy. Exercise. Expand my mind. Feed my soul. Reduce stress. Forgive myself. Perfection is not an attainable state.

Step 2.  When I am healthy, be generous to others. Be supportive. Teach them. Value their opinions. Share laughter. Hold them when they cry. Share a meal together. Be less judgmental. Search for the goodness in others.

Step 3.  Forgive myself and others. The past is over. The future has yet to come. I have lived my best life but it hasn't always lived up to the standards of others. Let it go. Dwelling on it is not helpful. Today I will do my best to live my best life.

Step 4. Share the wealth. Give back. If I have anything extra, I try to share with others. Sometimes letting go is difficult. Reuse, recycle, compost, donate. Generosity can go a long way to heal the soul and save the planet.

Step 5. Reduce stress. This is a topic for a new post. Wait for it.

Step 6. Repeat steps 1 through 5.

Comments