Cosy Tea

I had a very successful mammogram on my favourite breast, okay, my only breast. I have just received confirmation from the doctor's office that all is clear.  Hooray! I will ask next time I see my family doctor when my next mammogram takes place. For now, can you see my skipping and jumping for joy???

So recently I had a very wonderful visit with several friends. It was like receiving a warm hug. How lucky I am that my friends cherish me as I cherish them. It was great food, great fun, big hugs, and great conversation.

I have come to the realization that it is not about having lots of dear friends. I am using the wrong words. It is about Connections. Having friends sounds too much like collecting trophies. My friendships are always a two way street. The word Connections really describes how I feel. It is a relationship that involves both give and take and it depends on the needs of the people involved at any given time.

What I have learned is that having Connections, giving and taking, leaning on someone, having someone lean on me, means that the result is, regardless of what is happening, I am a winner. I benefit. It doesn't matter if I am giving or taking, I win. Sometimes I think women in particular, need to give. Often we give more than we have to give. This can be catastrophic. Put on your own oxygen mask first. Make sure that you take care of yourself so that you have the strength to help others. No one should suffer from the act of giving. It should never be a sacrifice, except in the most dreadful situation.

So to all my friends out there, know I love you and cherish you. I cannot imagine a world without you. If you need me, my shoulders are here to help share the load. You supported me when I was most in need, and now I am strong enough to help you.

Hugs are warm and cosy. I have lots to give.

Comments