Grateful Tea

Thank goodness we have said good bye to the worst decade and year on record. No one should be alone at Christmas.

It is a new year and my wish is for everyone to have 2020 vision.

My first serious test came yesterday. I had a follow up mammogram on the breast that is left. As always the medical team are extremely good. The technician said the pictures looked good but that the doctors would review and send a final report to my team. This is such a relief. I believe I am still on a 6 month recall but I am fine with that. With any luck, once I see the oncologist and physiotherapist in May I will be done treatment with the exception of taking tamoxifen every day.

Tamoxifen of course, comes with its own set of challenges. Blood clots, hot flashes, night sweats, thickening of the uterus lining, possible periods, and on and on for pages.

I continue to volunteer for the Canadian Cancer Society and put in about 7 hours a week. I can do it at my convenience and it helps me focus outward instead of dwelling on my personal issues.

January is a month jam packed with social events and my hope is I can keep my calendar straight. Frankly too much emphasis is put on Christmas. Either that or I need to gather more orphans around me as I did in the past.

Wherever you are, whomever you are, keep your friends close. Learn their value. Success is Liking Myself. Success is Helping Others. Success is Being Happy with Whom I have Become.

Comments