Sharing Tea

During my cancer journey, I found a group of wonderful supportive people. Some I have been lucky to meet in person and some of my new friends are scattered around this great country of ours.

Today I could not imagine my journey without these new found people who give freely of themselves when often it is at their own expense. There is only so much energy in the pot and the fact that they share of themselves at a time when they need to stock up their energy for battles yet to come, is such a selfless act.

The world is often a cruel and dangerous place. People can be so callous and cold. In an ideal world there would be no cancer. Maybe in an ideal world everyone should experience cancer that is curable because having cancer eliminates all the fluff and shows you what really matters.

Cancer brings people together. People step up. Cancer makes people uncomfortable and sends them running. Cancer is necessary to help us refocus on what is truly important. To me that is Connections. I am blessed with so many wonderful people. I don't really understand why or how that happened but I can feel the love.

If you know someone with cancer, ask questions. What can I do for you today? How can I help you tomorrow? Then make sure you say Have I stayed too long? Do you need to rest?

Everyone's journey is going to be different. Some are lucky to have families that are able to step up and provide every need along the journey. Others face their battles alone. In Canada, we are lucky there are volunteer services to support those who don't have support. Still, it is really important that you see a friendly face at a time when you can't imagine one more test, one more procedure, one more surgery.

All anyone ever wants to hear is Its gone! You are cancer free. You are cured. Sadly these are words doctors are reluctant to say. There is always a chance or recurrence or of a new unrelated cancer rearing its ugly head.

Live life like you are cured. Dance like no one is watching. Have fun. Don't stress. No regrets.

Comments