6 Feet Tea

I don't even know how long we have been in isolation. I am maintaining 6 feet physical distancing where best I can. One can only hope that where the 6 foot line is breached that the other party is healthy and Covid-19 free.

It is scary times. I am keeping in contact by phone, Zoom, Google Duo, letters, and I walk. Yesterday my walk was almost 7 kms. My hips told me it felt like 100 kms. Oh isn't aging fun. Everything starts to break down!

A fun fact this week. I joined an Art Therapy Group on Zoom. Well it is more therapy than art but even I know therapy can help me. If only I would put into practise what I learn! And another interesting fact is I got homework! What??? Yes my assignment before my next class is to forage outside for a flower and paint it so that all of our efforts can be photo shopped into one work of art. I think this project will keep me busy today. Or more accurately if I don't paint it today the flower that was foraged will be in even worse shape than it currently is in!

One more thing to do today is call the doctor's office and see if I can get a prescription for Prevnar-13. It is an pneumonia vaccine. I can no longer have vaccines administered by the local pharmacy and since I am also due for my 2 dose shingles shot this will involve 2 trips to the doctors office. Logistics will be tricky but here is hoping it all turns out for the best.

I continue to work on my jigsaw puzzle. I started a new 1000 piece puzzle at the beginning of April. My hope is there will be some relief in self distancing before the puzzle is complete. I learned yesterday that the local book store is open so if I get myself organized I will wander over today to pick up something interesting to read.

Lunch today is courtesy of friends who have started Ramadan celebrations so I am very blessed and looking forward to this treat.

Stay well, stay safe, stay home, and stay apart. This too shall pass.

Comments