Tea for One

Almost one month into isolation and I have been very diligent of protecting myself and others. I still walk the neighbourhood and occasionally with a friend but it is hard to be physically distant when the sidewalks are not 6 feet wide. Sometimes there are no sidewalks so we walk in single file.

Shopping has also been a challenge. What used to be a quiet time at the grocery store first thing in the morning has now become a traffic jam with idiots still not understanding the physical distance rule about personal space. Do they really want to catch Covid-19 and take it home to their elderly relatives?

When I can, I shop at the local market and sometimes I buy food at the drug store. Right now I am stocked up on TP, ice cream, canned goods, frozen goods, and milk. Nothing else is that important!

You would think that after almost a month in quarantine that my place would be spotless. I have noticed, the more I clean, the dirtier it seems to get. Maybe because it is spring and I have the doors open more often and the dust is flying. Oh the trials and tribulations of not enjoying the act of housework.

Some days the isolation becomes overwhelming. I find those are the days that I don't check my to-do list and I wander around willy-nilly. I make sure I get up at the usual time, I get washed, dressed in nice clothes to make me feel like part of the human race.  It is important to keep to a routine. I also keep in touch with friends so that we don't feel isolated. I discovered Google Duo thanks to Karen so now I can do face time!

Please stay home, stay connected, do physical distancing, so we can end this as soon as possible.
If you are able, please support your local community. Buy take-out. Donate to charities like the Salvation Army, the Food Bank, and other grass roots organizations. These are tough times but we will get through it.

Donate. I did. Stay safe. Stay home. Please.


Comments