Red Letter Day Tea

It has been over 14 months and I had my last discussion with my oncologist today by phone. Last week I had my last appointment with my physiotherapist on Zoom. So the news is great! They have both released me! I am officially cancer free!

My oncologist had a conversation with my surgeon and a full report will be sent to my family doctor outlining future tests, what to watch for, frequency of follow ups, etc.  I will be in good hands.

In the meantime, I know I am doing much better physically. I have been walking about 8 miles per week depending on the weather. Also I am stretching myself by walking farther, for longer, and going up and down hills, including one walk that has 85 vertical steps in the middle of the walk.

Mentally I am always a work in progress. I am loving the art therapy that I participate in. I am able to give, receive, and share in my therapy group. It is so rewarding. Today, once again, I was reminded of how much I am loved and cherished by my friends. I am so blessed.

An update on my family member who has a non cancerous cyst on the large intestine. They are safe at home in the arms of the parents, and hopefully is self-isolating for 2 weeks. Surgery is expected within the year.

Going forward my plan is to continue to work on my physical well-being. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise, meet with friends, stretch my mind, and be kind. With the announcement of stage one re-opening of the community, I plan to expand my bubble with someone who is very safe. I also plan to restrict my exposure to the community, even though they are having a soft opening. Until a vaccine is developed, it is very important to keep myself safe. I hope you protect yourselves too.

Donating my time to a cancer organization has become a real passion. I give my time, my expertise, my kindness, and hope I can make a difference to someone else's cancer journey.

Stay safe, be kind to each other, help others if you can.


Comments