Medicinal 6 Tea

I had a successful dental appointment this week although with the covid-19 infection wait period, I am being optimistic that I will remain healthy!

Then I had my 6 months physical at the doctor's office. There are no concerns on my breast however, I continue to wait for an appointment for my 6 month mammogram. With respect to the request by my oncologist for a pelvic exam, my doctor and I are still quite puzzled by this. Tamoxifen can cause endometrial cancer. You cannot discover endometrial cancer by doing a pelvic exam. Presumably my pap smear results will be normal. For a moment, I thought she might be trying to do a tonsillectomy, but I did survive. I will definitely refuse any further pelvic exams unless there are signs of problems. The warning signs of endometrial cancer are pink tinges in the vaginal discharge. Sorry for the details, but this blog does relate to my cancer journey, and these are the facts. My doctor said any slight sign of a pink discharge, I am to immediately seek medical advice. Do not pass Go, go directly to Jail!

So I continue to wait for appointments for my mammogram and an ultra sound on the cyst on my liver. We need to determine if it remains the same size as last year or if it has changed or grown.

Also next month I will be able to receive the second of two shingles shots to complete the prescription. I am not looking forward to it but I have been told the second one is not as intense as the first one. I definitely do not want to have another episode of shingles.

This week is my first anniversary of joining a cancer website. It gave me comfort when I most needed it. It gave me advice when I was desperate. It gave me friendship when I had no expectations. It gave me an external focus when I needed to get out of my own head. I am healthy for the most part. I mean I may think I am in my 20's but my body is definitely telling me otherwise. So now, with everything I have been through, the experience I have gained, the compassion I strive to display, I am finally able to give back.

Did you know there are many people who are diagnosed with cancer at a young age? Did you know that although most cancers can be beaten there are still devastating diagnoses where little can be done? Did you know that cancers can occur in any part of the human body? Did you know you are responsible for your own health, that you need to advocate, that you need to be aware of changes to your body and its functions? Did you know that fundraising focuses on the "popular" cancers and that there are many cancers that need help in the R&D areas? Did you know that a simple blood test can now predict 5 different cancers?

Look after yourself! Wear your mask. Stay 6 feet apart. Stay safe.


Comments