Medicinal Tea

It seems I am at the next 6 month stage of medical follow ups and check ups. My original diagnosis was March 2019 and surgery was May 2019, so technically I am over a year out.

So in my previous post I mentioned that my oncologist had sent instructions to my family doctor for the next part of my recovery, survival, and success.

This week I had a doctor phone call about the 5 inch fluid filled cyst on my liver. This is one year after my ultrasound and CT scan so it is time to check the status. If everything remains the same, it is doubtful we will need to check this again.

As part of the instructions from the oncologist, next week I have an appointment to have a breast and pelvic exam. Here is the weird thing. The hormone blocking pill can cause endometrial cancer and pulmonary embolisms. Now isn't that exciting. So how a pelvic exam can determine the state of my uterus is a bit of a puzzle but I will agree to one pelvic exam. Going forward I think I will need to be vigilant in watching for the indicators that something is happening in that location. Even the family physician stated she didn't know why a pelvic exam was in the recommendations for follow up.

Also next week I have a dental appointment for cleaning. I had to sign away my life. If I catch covid-19 I cannot sue the dentist. They obviously will take full precautions. I am happy that I have an appointment that is early in the day.

I am still waiting for my mammogram appointment and now for an ultra sound appointment which I think I will get first. It is difficult to plan ahead when all these things are coming my way. The positive news is this is intended to keep me healthy and alive. Yay team!

Stay safe, wear a mask, stay 6 feet apart, and pray this ends in my lifetime.

Comments