Rich Tea

What can I spend all this government money on?  I have never before qualified for a GST rebate and yet I have now received 2 cheques. I have also received a tax free cheque sent as a one time payment to seniors to help them pay for the additional covid-19 costs like grocery deliveries and such.

I am not adverse to receiving money. I think it is a wonderful thing. I feel that all this money needs to be taxable because I am one of the lucky ones and at the moment, I do not need any government assistance. I am sure there are millions of Canadians who also do not need financial assistance. If the government cannot figure out which of us are needy, then send us all money but make it a taxable so that the government can recover that money that people like me don't need.

In order to do my part, because possibly part of these hand-outs are to help stimulate the economy, I am going to spend mine. The only problem is I am not presently going shopping other than for essentials and I do not shop on-line. Now isn't this a troublesome dilemma!

Here is my plan. First I am going to buy a lovely work of art. Second I am finally going to buy a cell phone with an internet plan. Before I buy a cell phone I will have a long chat with my close friend who can tell me all the pitfalls and options to buy.

Who will help me?  If I buy a smart phone, and I am not smart, how will I turn it on? I have never mastered my old cell phone clunker so this will be an interesting exercise once I make my purchase.

My art project this time is to be "childlike".  This is an interesting premise because I thought all my art was childlike! So since it is such a rainy day I am going to do some chores and then maybe get out the paints and go crazy!

Have fun, stay safe, stay home, wash your hands, and wear a mask. Please.

Comments