Bleak Black Tea

Welcome to my world. I will chat about my week but first I must explain the title of this post. I have an older sibling with whom I have never gotten along. It is extremely sad. I remember 2 occasions in my lifetime where kindness was shown to me. The first situation, I was 8 years old and I was fishing for tadpoles in the ditch as one does. There was a car accident at the intersection and I turned around at the noise to see the undercarriage of a car hurtling towards me. My next memory is being hauled out of the ditch and being walked home. The second situation where kindness was shown was when I was about 10 years old. My parents had been fighting for weeks and finally there was talk of a divorce. I was taken for a walk and comforted by my sibling. Since then I have lived my whole life being bullied, talked down to, disparaged, and insulted. The last time I saw my sibling in person, the first question asked was Why are you so fat? I am not fat. I might be pleasantly plump but I am not morbidly obese. Yesterday I made the mistake of sharing a photo of myself in my new prescription glasses. I currently have my hair cut short so I can manage it during Covid-19 times and delay the frequency of visits to the hair salon. Everyone says I look great in short hair. So my sibling's response on seeing my picture was "My adopted sister is a dyke". In case you might want clarification, I am not adopted and I am a healthy heterosexual. These facts however are beside the point. What gives one human being the right to be rude to another? I have not replied to the comment and in fact I will never again correspond with my older sibling. This person is toxic and there is no place in my life for someone like this. Yes it is very sad. So let's get back to my wonderful life. I had a great final zoom with my art therapy friends. My new art work has been successfully hung. It is beyond gorgeous. My new glasses as I mentioned arrived and even though I had nightmares wondering what I had selected, the final result is a mauve purple tortoise shell frame which looks lovely. Thank you for allowing me to wallow in my sadness. I feel better now. Stay well my friends.

Comments