Long Tea

I made a quick call to my doctor's office to find out the status of my medical tests that are outstanding. The mammogram that was due in July is currently on a waiting list to get an appointment. They are currently performing mammograms on those who had appointments in April. There are 2 issues. They only perform mammograms 2 days per week and due to covid-19, they are spacing out the appointments to allow for cleaning. Consequently I don't know when I will receive an appointment, nor how far off the date will be. As for my ultrasound, my request is only a month old, so we are hoping I receive an appointment date in the near future. My saving grace is both appointments are non urgent. I have had a physical breast exam which resulted in no concerns so that lessens my worry. The ultrasound is merely to determine the cyst has not grown. It is a non cancerous cyst so again not a concern, but it is something I want double checked. The weather has been excellent and I have been able to get out and walk the community. I believe I managed to walk about 40 kms this week. Unfortunately my body is telling me I over did it. Yesterday I could barely make it up the hill from a short walk to the beach, oh and did I mention the ice cream parlour? I have learned that the child size is ample! I am eating my heritage tomatoes. They look fabulous but do not seem to have much flavour. Last week I made a tomato, basil salad. Yesterday I made curried charred cauliflower with peppers, tomatoes, white beans, and beef, with coconut milk. Delicious, thank you Jamie Oliver! I have put some aside in the freezer for another time. This week I ate out twice. The first time we were on a patio with over 6 feet spacing and the servers all wore face masks. The only problem we had was the flat bread appetizer was not available because of the onion recall. Then I also ate out while I waited for my car to be serviced. Again tables were well spaced and everything was safe. My car even got a thorough cleaning. I don't know who was happier, me or the car. Friday I joined the 21st century and got a smart phone. What does it mean when your phone is smarter than you are?

Comments