Summer Tea

Summer finally arrived this week and how quick we are to complain about the heat! Oh I shall try to remember this when the dark rainy nights of November arrive! I am now current on my dental care but I am still waiting for appointment times for 2 medical tests. My plan is to phone next week to nudge them along. One of the appointments is outstanding from early June. I wonder what the dates are that they are currently booking? My tomato crop is doing all right. The heritage plant has been thriving possibly because it is a long established, hardy tomato variety. My cherry tomato plants are doing less well. They did not take kindly to the cold weather in June and July so many blossoms dropped off without forming fruit. Yes, tomatoes are a fruit. Look it up! This has resulted in a smattering of cherry tomatoes, not very big, not very flavourful. In any case I am still enjoying them and it is possible with this change in the weather, the quality of the crop will improve. My latest art project will be 2 water colours of locations in Scotland. My challenge will be to make them sensitive, subtle and delicate and to not slap on the paint like I normally do! It is important to know and understand your own body and brain, including your personality. I know myself. The difficult part is trying to change things I do not like. Maybe it is too late? So here is a short poem that I hope you will enjoy. It is just for you. Do-over No where to go, nothing to do. All alone. I want a Re-Do. Goodbye Covid. Leave me alone. I want my life to be in the zone. Doing my best, keeping busy. Pull together. Not in a tizzy. In a crowd, I am alone. What is a crowd? I stay at home. Now I make fun all by myself. I get art supplies down from the shelf. It might be fun or a disaster. Who really cares? It doesn't matter. I love art!

Comments