Shot glass Tea

As summer comes to a close, I am finalizing my medical tests, treatments, and procedures. I had my second Shingrix vaccination on Friday and I had set aside a day to recover. My initial shot set me back for an entire week. Out of 24 hours I slept 16 and still managed to sleep the night through afterwards. My side effects were a sore arm, shoulders, neck, and headache, all of which happened fairly quickly. My injection site did not get inflamed, nor swollen, nor red like the first injection. My head was very cloudy and I was very tired so sleep was an easy solution. I still await an appointment date for my liver cyst ultrasound. An annual retest date would have been August 4 but like everything else affected by covid-19, this too has been delayed. I will follow up with my family doctor this week to see if I can at least get a date. My mental health has improved although I am still extremely hurt by the actions of my sibling. I will not let anyone's nastiness define my life so I am putting it aside and moving on with my life. My little brother on the other hand was kind enough to check up on me yesterday to make sure I had made a significant improvement from the side effects of the second Shingrix shot. When I did not respond to his first email in the morning he made up a lame excuse for a second email which I replied to as soon as I returned home. I know he loves me. Subtlety is his middle name! This week is a short business week. I need to continue to review my investments, renew my car insurance, and do some chores around the house. Today is going to be screaming hot while the rest of the week will be cooler but above average. I want to get the paints out again as I have sadly been ignoring them. I also have to review some course options offered by my local cancer center. I need to be signed up soon or I may lose my place. I also want to order a face mask from a local artist who is offering them as a cancer society fund raiser. I am all over this one! Please live life, stay safe, wash your hands, and stay home if you are sick.

Comments